Articles of Faith
Sand-lick District Association of Virginia
- We believe in one only true and living God, the Father, Son, and Holy
Ghost, and that these three are one.
- We believe that the King James translation (out of the original tongue)
is the scripture of truth, and the only rule of faith and practice.
- We believe that all mankind is in a fallen state by nature, and
consequently in a state of condemnation, and that man cannot recover
himself from this state by his own free will and ability.
- We believe that sinners are justified by faith and accounted righteous
before God only by the imputed righteousness of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in election according to the foreknowledge of God the
Father through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth.
- We believe that saints are kept by the power of God through faith unto
salvation and shall never fall finally away.
- We believe that all the regenerate are created in Christ Jesus unto
good works, and that good works follow faith as a fruit of it, and that
God works in His people both to will and to do of His good pleasure and
that it is by our fruits that we are known.
- We believe that a church of Jesus Christ is a company of believers
baptized upon a profession of their faith in Christ, contending for the
faith once delivered to the saints and maintaining pure and holy
ordinances as they have been delivered.
- We believe that baptism and the Lord's supper are ordinances of the
gospel, feet washing an example, and that true believers are the only
proper subjects, and the only true mode of baptism is by immersion.
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead, both of the just and
unjust, and a general judgment, and that the joys of the righteous and
the punishment of the wicked will be everlasting.
- We believe that no minister has the right to administer the
ordinances of the gospel, except those who have come under the imposition
of hands by the presbytery, and is, at the time, in fellowship with the
Return to PBWS