Articles of Faith
(Various Churches of Louisiana)
- We believe in one true and living God, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost.
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and the New Testaments are the Word of God and the only rule of faith and practice.
- We believe in the doctrine of election and that God chose His people before the foundation of the world.
- We believe in the doctrine of original sin.
- We believe in man's impotency to recover himself from the fallen state he is in by nature, by his own free will and ability.
- We believe that sinners are justified in the sight of God, only by the imputed righteousness of Christ.
- We believe that God's elect shall be called, regenerated, and sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the saints shall be preserved in grace and never fall finally away.
- We believe that baptism and the Lord's Supper are ordinances of Jesus Christ, and that true believers are the only subjects of baptism, and that immersion is the apostolic mode.
- We believe that as our Lord and Saviour washed His disciples' feet, we ought to wash one another's feet.
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead and in a general judgment, and that the felicity of the righteous will be eternal and the punishment of the wicked everlasting.
- We believe that no minister has any right or administration of the ordinances, only such as are regularly baptized, called, and come under the imposition of hands by a presbytery.
- We believe that none but regularly baptized members have a right to commune at the Lord's Table.
Return to PBWS