Articles of Faith
Grace Primitive Baptist Church
- We believe in one God and the trinity of persons in the
Godhead; the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- We believe the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments
are the revealed word of God and the only rule of faith and practice.
- We believe in the fall of Adam and that all men by nature
are in a state of wrath and utterly unable to recover themselves
by their own freewill and ability into the favor of God.
- We believe that God, before the foundation of the world,
chose a definite number of the human race in Christ Jesus to salvation
and they in particular are saved.
- We believe that sinners are justified only through the
merits and efficiency of the obedience, death, and resurrection
of Christ imputed to them.
- We believe all those who are called, quickened, regenerated,
and justified are preserved in Christ and kept by the power of
God unto salvation and can never fall away and finally be lost.
- We believe Jesus Christ, who is the head and lawgiver,
has instituted the ordinances of baptism and the Lord's supper
which are to be perpetually observed by the church to the end
of the world.
- We believe that baptism, and the Lord's supper, and feet
washing are ordinances of Jesus Christ and that true believers
are the only proper subjects for baptism and that the mode of
baptism is immersion in water.
- We believe in the resurrection both of the just and the
unjust and that the happiness of the righteous and the punishment
of the wicked will be eternal.
Return to Grace Primitive Baptist Church